T O P . T I P .

Leave a Comment
H e l l o again!

I'm hoping to blog at least once a week, but sometimes it can be hard with work and a crying husband in the corner saying I never give him attention... Bless.

So I'm a big MAC fan, ever since I was like 15. My very first MAC Items were the Glorious 
***Studio Fix Powder***
*** Refined Golden Bronzer***

 ( The highlight soft and gentle I only bought this year... BUT LOVE - pack that right on the top of those cheek bones... DO IT! )
 
I just love it... It's so nice and smooth, not cakey at all, and its got great coverage.. When I was only 15-18 I would just use that as my foundation! Moisturize + Powder. Oh to be young and not know about all these contouring/baking/strobing techniques!! ha.
Basically, a lot of people use this service from MAC, 
but a few still don't know they do it - 
"Back to MAC"

You can bring your empties, lipsticks, foundation, gloss, eye shadows, mascara... 6 empties and you get a free lipstick!!!

The best part about that is recently I saw someone share a clip on Facebook... and I cannot find it to link here... but I did find similar ones on YouTube.... see below. She does it a little differently with circular palettes but same idea!!


 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQjJtFMRBGo
All you do is: 
* get a pill/tablet box... 
*a candle or turn on your hair straighteners... 
*A spoon... 
* And all your MAC Lippys....

You literally melt them all down by either putting the lipsticks onto the spoon and hold that over your straighteners or candle... Put them into the containers like so... and now you have your lipsticks way more accessible... but you also have like 21 empties now... if you're me... 

Actually... to make life easier I found another YouTuber... who broke the lipsticks down.. crushed them into the self-made palettes or pill boxes and microwaved them... I haven't tried this one... but sounds way easier and less messy than exhibit A.... Always find the easier option after I've done the thing !! *Sigh



So...  I went back to MAC... and got 3 new lipsticks... 
and I have to say Sin and Blankity were a good shout. I LOVE THEM!



One thing I will say is MAC matte lipsticks are very drying! but they do have a good variety of them... As much as I love them, I feel like you have to wipe it off and like exfoliate your lips afer an hour and reapply... Maybe get a good lip primer first... but it still kinda makes your lips feel a bit.. bitty if you know what I mean...

Saying that, I'll totally still wear them... Sometimes I add a little bit of Vaseline or one of their luster like lipsticks in the middle to try and prolong that feeling of bitty-ness from happening!

But anyway... This is definitely worth doing! I couldn't find a very good pill box so mine looks a but crap... but its a great idea, money saver and space saver! who's going to melt their MACs and get some free ones now??

*me

Wait ...

I already did.

Happy Melting!
(be careful and if you are young - get your mom to do it... don't want anyone burning themselves!!)
 

- l o v e -
Sk
__________________________________________________________________
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig